Sunday, October 11, 2009

Being sick is depressing. I am convinced that having a fever when you're an adult is a million times worse than when you're a child. I'm around kids and people constantly and having to just lay here feeling terrible with no one to talk to is really lame. One of my kids came to walk Ivy for me because he knew I was too sick to do it :) how amazing is that? Sadly that's the only time Ivy went out yesterday. Stefanie brought me soup and medicine and tea, Charlie took my card and went to the store for me...Jessica brought me a milkshake at midnight when I couldn't sleep. I'm lucky to have people who care about me enough to do things like that when I need them. It restores my faith in humans. This fever made me have some insane dreams last night, not a fan. I am glad this happened on my 4 day weekend, because if I would have had to use sick time, people who had been on overnight for days would have had to cover for me, and I've done that before and it's no fun. Next week I'm overnight 8 days straight....so I guess this happened at the best time, I knew I'd eventually get sick after taking care of several kids with the flu. Blah.

I hate having all of this time alone with just my thoughts, that's never a good thing for me.





"If you find yourself in love with a person who does not love you, be gentle with yourself. There is nothing wrong with you. Love just didn't choose to rest in the other person's heart.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment