Saturday, October 3, 2009

I don't know if I've ever had this much anger and hurt in my heart before.
I'm trying desperately to let go of it.
Today was the best I've felt in months.
God is faithful, He has a purpose for everything, and He can make something beautiful out of every mess I create, and I believe that, wholeheartedly.
The waiting is always the hardest part.
But I don't need you, and I never did...and I never will.
I've had enemies who had kinder hearts than you.
It's sad, really.

Ready for some angst?

"and you dropped the note and we changed key
you changed yourself and i changed me
i really didn't see us singing through this
then you screamed the bridge
and i cried the verse and our chorus came out unrehearsed
and you smiled the whole way through it
i guess maybe that's what's worse
and i'm taking all your memories off the shelf
and i don't need you or anybody else
so take a look at me
see what you want to see"






--So is that what you call a getaway? Tell me what you got away with, cause I've seen more spine on jellyfish, I've seen more guts in eleven-year-old kids--

2 comments:

  1. have another drink and drive yourself home. I hope there's ice on all the roads and you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt and again when your head goes through the windshield.

    I'm sorry you're having such a rough time rachel. but your faith and your heart will always get you through. you've proven that time and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope things are still getting better for you.

    your blog makes me want to listen to music. i don't think i've listened to music at all since starting grad school - seriously. :(

    i love you. you're awesome. you deserve nothing but the best. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete